Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Let Creation Set You Free: Poetry

A rush of pain
the flux of dread
creeping in,
up, and around
An unwelcome veil,
choking
stifling,
silencing,
freezing.

A perilous question;
Do we give in? Do we give up?
Relinquish and let go?
Do we stay, grapple
through the night,
persevering because
the Fighter must fight?

With a tiny float
in the limitless sea
facing countless dangers
from above, from below.
assess, assess, assess.
Heart racing, heart slowing
confusion and panic.
Convergence.

The life line is cast
hope sits in the water
it only needs to be touched,
brushed by another light,
 a life, a being
to have success.

Eyes meet
for the first time
light shines.
A boat drifts nearby
gazing, smiles,
huddled in warmly,
room to spare,
"You're going to make it.
Just hold on..."

The black oblivion
swallows them into the night
and here
in this limitless sea
do we wait
for the perilous question
to answer itself:
Do we give in?
Do we give up?
Relinquish and let go?

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Priya. I think its your wonderful food and drinks that gets me through the nights of pondering my work...

      Delete
  2. Translating thoughts into a message through poetry. That's a rare gift. I enjoyed reading this. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. I am grateful for this gift I have been given. I will do my best to keep my readers intrigued. Thank you visiting Nomusa.

      Delete
  3. I hope you do not feel stranded out at sea. I have felt that way. But there is a real part of my life where I am pretty much alone, the outsider. I try not to let it take over my rationale.I choose to act like people care about me and love me and that makes life that much more bearable.

    You are very talented. Have you entered into poetry contests? Blessings to you, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith! I actually wrote this about 6-8 weeks ago. I hoard my poetry. This poem was inspired by worldly events from both my life but also other peoples lives who are close to me. I tend to sit on all my pieces for a long time. I don't write and release everyday. My process is so different.

      As for publishing in contests, I haven't written in contests as an adult. I did as a young child and as a teen. Thank you for encouraging that avenue. I should think about looking into that. Blessing upon you and your house.

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy coming here and reading your beautiful poetry. You do have a gift of making your readers feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison. I appreciate those kind sentiments.

      Delete

Followers