Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bound to Aged Narratives: One Lens into Multiculturalism - Poetry

The Cloth

Lights
burning,
sweat dripping
down
my brow.
From my pedestal
upon the rostrum
quenching the
fiery souls with
the expiration
of Genius:
thought to
pen to paper
to soul
of those
prostrate
at my
toes.

He stops me.
By the
EXIT door
he stops me.
"Sister, man
poet goddess...
Can I borrow your ear
for a short time,
just a time,
to bend your mind
to speak my verse,
a verse that
I think
you will want
to know,
to hear."

Upon a feeble barstool
in the recess
of the dimly lit lounge,
I acquiesce
to a beseech
of prose that clanged
of the streets,
of the knuckles of the
the pauper,
of the turmoil of
his people, stirring
up his racial, sexist
slurs of how
"you" will
"never understand us."
I hearken his
Rhapsody,
reverberating,
slowly reverberating
into every
scintilla
of my
Essence.

The thunderous hammer
of my feet hitting the
ground
silences his ballad
like the Samurai's
blade
rushing effortlessly
through.
I stoop down
and offer
my hand,
"Brother, let us
talk frankly,
in the sight
of the
guileless moon.
For Pain
is root
of this
Soul's
volatile
undigestable
croon."

Amber light glow
and lemon
scented air
floating Magnolias
the celestial 
black pair
Silent magic held in
ghostly Spanish Moss
breathlessy immoveable
over stoic waters edge
The resplendent
Oaks,
cryptic on human
loss
Finally,
encountering
first
light, pure,
irradiant
sensuously
beckoning for 
The first time.
Orbs of green,
or brown and blue
seeing,
feeling,
breathing,
innocent
curiosity.
Vision
imbued.

"Let me speak Brother,
volumes from my
heart, speech
and words lie
heavy.
Yet they, the
vehicles for our
start, musn't belie
the truth.
So
souls breath may
be reached,
so
souls blood,
intermingled,
assuages the Pain
deep within
the bowels
of our
strongholds.

Look at me,
orbs of chestnut,
searching,
mystified.
Look at me,
ringlets of seduction
Golden Reverie,
enticing.
Look at me,
lips of eloquence
existing
while simultaneously
expiring,
fearing.
Look at me,
a Caged Artist
creating,
so you
may free
me.

Oh Brother.
Can you see?
Be it not
my hair color,
my eye pigment,
the tone of my
Skin.
Be it not
the hue of my raiment
nor the shoes I frolic
abound
nor the vocalizations,
scorned and
involuntarily made,
from this
demarcated
dolorous
crypt.

Be it not
the land of my
fathers.
Be it not
land of your
mothers.
Be it not
the God of your heart
Nor the goddess of mine
Be it not
A land, a parcel 
Upon which we share
Given to Man
For all to share. 
Oh Brother,
if you could see
with my eyes.
Color does not exist.
Race does not exist.
Sex does not exist.
'-isms' do not exist.
Labels.
Useless
Labels.
My skin cannot
define my
world, it will not
define me,
it will not define you.
Can you see?

We. We. We are.
The woven cloth
co-created
by the same Divine,
dipped in different colors,
spread across vast Times.
See it, splashed with
heritage and beauty?
Feel how the
Breath of
tantalizing aromas,
stretching
across the
Four Corners.
Awakening
faculties
left in quiet
slumber from
lifetimes
ago.
  
Oh my Brother,
you may carry
a cloth of the South,
and I,
a cloth from the East.
Perhaps our yards
are separated by
eons of fabric.
Yet,
We. We are.
The same fabric
The same cloth
triumph, rejoice
embrace me.
Let us sing
dance in joy
shout our
prose,
high to moonlit
sky.
Let our feet tap
to the beat
of our internal drum,
Let our hands,
our bodies
swing and sway to
smooth beat
as we celebrate
our
Humanity."


© DNKG The Cloth 2014









3 comments:

  1. Awesome poem, very touching. this one deserves a share

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this one. Your writing style is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem is lovely. I love your writing style. Keep them coming, please!

    ReplyDelete

Followers