Sunday, August 31, 2014

Let Creation Set You Free: Nostalgia is Good for the Soul


Sometimes, nostalgia brings back feelings from the torpor of the underworld and other times it amplifies the seedlings nestling quietly in the window box. Clearing my craft area brought me this gem from over a decade ago when I was selected to represent my school in a statewide poetry competition. I was by no means my first published poem, nor my last. What's interesting to see are the techniques I was exploring. Rhyme was obviously one. It's also nice to see how one has grown, but also, how one has remained the same. 
Nostalgia: a gift from G-d. 

Illusion in Hawaii's Sky

Stretching across the dismal skies
Vivid colors in the darkest of eyes
A double ray, a unique delight
is within my broken and blurred sight
Kissing the waves of the open sea
Gently caressing the swaying tree
Warming the heart of the ocean blue
In majestic lands of beautiful hues
Romance is ignited by its amazing sight
Passion unfurled by its summer night
Its beauty was a born in Aurora's grace
Dispering from the heavens at a bewildering pace

Danielle O'Brien
Notre Dame High School
Riverside
© 2002 Creative Communications Press




© 2014 DNKG Nostalgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers